All around the world, women are blazing new trails and triumphing over long-entrenched obstacles, resulting in major advancements to the development agenda and global progress.
Integrating women into their communities, their governments, and their economies is the best way to address many of today’s global challenges. From reducing poverty and expanding social inclusion to improving global health and access to education, women are a smart and reliable investment.
The United States supports these efforts in a variety of ways, including programs with local community-based organizations working to stimulate the political, economic, legal and social empowerment of women and girls. Learn more!
February 6 - Zero Tolerance Day
Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting- Op-Ed by Melanne Verveer
- Statement by Secretary Clinton
- USAID's Program to Eradicate FGM/C
- FGM/C Factsheet World Health Organization (WHO)
- Health Complications of FGM/C (WHO)
- Donors Working Group on FGM/C
- Platform for Action Towards the Abandonment of FGM/C
- UNFPA & UNICEF Joint Programme on Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting